Marina bought this Nine West tote bag in August 2014 in the USA. She was shopping at Macy’s, looking for a gift for her mother. And that day handbags were on sale at Macy’s… We all know how this ends!
So, she bought 2 handbags, made her mother choose the one she preferred and kept the other one for herself. Since then, that bright blue tote is following her (almost) everywhere.
What I like
– It’s size. It’s a BIG tote bag and you can fit everything you need in there. Marina uses it to go to work so she only has to carry one bag. Inside, she puts a bottle of water, her lunch, her headphones and her spare pair of heels for once she gets to the office. Pretty good!
– The top zipper. You usually don’t get a good top closure with bags that big. But here you get a zipper and it’s definitely an advantage when you use public transportations!
– The color. I mean, obviously she likes this bright blue color otherwise she wouldn’t have chosen it. But what I mean is that she likes the fact that it’s a bit out there because she usually wears black/dark clothes. So this bag is her welcomed pop of color!
What I don’t like
– The interior lining is BEIGE. It’s nice but it gets dirty pretty quickly. When you have a big bag, it’s because you intend to put a lot of things in it. Between shoes and pens… let’s say that the beige is not that nice anymore after 2 years.
– The overall quality. It’s still nice looking after 2 years of carrying it almost every day… until you look into details. For instance, the puller of the top zipper broke after a few months so now it’s not very practical to close/open. Also, the bag used to me much more structured than it is now. Today, it looks more like a floppy tote. It’s okay but if you knew how it looked when she bought it, you would notice the difference. And that says a lot about the quality…
Dimensions: 38(L) x 28(H) x 13(P) cm | 15(L) x 11(H) x 5(P) inches
Handles: 26 cm | 10.25 inches
Color: Blue | Hardware: Silver
Pockets: 1 exterior front slip pocket | Interior: 1 zipped + 2 slip pockets
After 2 years of using it almost every day, Marina can easily say that she likes her Nine West bag. It’s like an off-road tote: you can fit everything in it and bring it with you in a lot of different occasions (work, a 5@7, weekend getaways…). However, it is not super feminine. But if you’re looking for “everyday-practical”, this bag is for you!
What do you think? Would you buy a bright color tote that size and rock it everyday?