Gaëlle was looking for a new bag for weekends and holidays. Her criteria were: it had to be with a crossbody strap and fit her wallet, a bottle of water and a travel guide. She didn’t want the bag to be too big either because, as everyone knows, the bigger the bag, the more useless things you put in it! (and then we complain because it is too heavy!)
She used to own a Billabong crossbody bag and she loved it. But the quality wasn’t great and it got damaged pretty quickly. This time, she knew she wanted a better quality leather so she can keep this bag for years.
She knew Fossil and liked the brand. She had experienced their customer service in the past (with their watches) and loved it. (we don’t think about it enough, but I think that it is a super smart way of selecting a brand!)
With that in mind, her (super nice) husband gifted her with this crossbody bag for Christmas two years ago.
What I like
– the look. I mean, it is quite obvious as if she didn’t like the look of the bag, she would have exchange it! More details then: the overall appearance of the bag is pretty simple which is great as it goes with (almost) everything. But then you also have a few details that make it one-of-a-kind: the embossed logo (more discreet than a big metal plate) and the all-round zipper for instance. Simple but not boring!
– it’s a practical bag. That’s what Gaëlle was looking for. A crossbody with a long shoulder strap: it doesn’t get better than this in terms of practical. The size of the bag is good too. Not too small so you can actually fit more than a card holder in it but not too big so it doesn’t get too heavy.
– the leather quality. Over 2 years wearing it very often and it still looks amazing. You see that you pay for quality and that is great!
What I don’t like
– the interior slip pockets. If you are to include pockets that small, just don’t put any at all. You cannot fit anything in them anyway. (Side note: this is a comment that I hear ALL THE TIME!)
– Light gold hardware. Gaëlle would have prefered a silver hardware bag as it would have matched most of her jewelry. Why didn’t she buy it with silver hardware then? Because it didn’t exist! And she loved the style so much that she decided that she wanted the bag anyway…
– The quality is great, don’t get me wrong. But the stitching on the shoulder strap started to fall off a bit. And nobody loves that!
Dimensions: 25(L) x 22(H) x 7.5(P) cm | 10(L) x 8 3/4(H) x 3(P) inches
Strap: 62 cm | 24.5 inches
Color: Black | Hardware: Light gold
Pockets: 1 exterior zipper pocket | Interior: 1 zipped + 2 slip pockets
With no surprise, Gaëlle definitely recommends this bag and more generally speaking, she highly recommends Fossil as a brand. This crossbody bag is not for women who want to carry their whole lives with them all the time. But again, they wouldn’t even consider it as it is too small.
This bag is pretty neutral, not too many details everywhere. It’s classy that way. And that makes it easy to carry from day to night, with a casual look or a more dressed-up one (okay, maybe not in a ball gown!).
I keep on hearing good comments on Fossil bags. Remember Morgane and her tote? I think that it is a very great brand to consider when you want to invest in a leather bag! Great value for money!
Are you familiar with Fossil? Do you love it?