We’re one week away from Father’s Day (June 19th, don’t forget!) so I was thinking “Why not talk about a men bag today?”. TheHandbagDiary is mostly dedicated to women but diversity is great too, right? So this week we have François-Rémi and his M0851 cross-body bag (I promise, we will feature other brands soon!).
François-Rémi was looking for an everyday bag, to go to work. This bag had to be practical (as he is taking public transport), big enough to fit his laptop, a bottle of water (and his lunch if possible) but also nicer than the regular canvas laptop bags. Oh, one last criteria: he wanted a leather bag. If he were to spend money, he wanted it to be for a durable item!
He found what he was looking for at the M0851 Sample sale last April. When I tell you that you can find good deals there… The size is perfect for his laptop and everything he has to take with him (except for the lunch box) without looking like he’s carrying a big weekend bag in the subway. The color is quite neutral so it matches pretty much all outfits. The perfect combo!
– The dimensions. The bag is pretty thin but I can still fit everything I need in it. It looks like it was tailored and I like that.
– The leather and its color. The leather is really good quality (M0851’s trademark) and the neutral color makes it easy to match with any outfit. That’s an important point to consider when you invest money in a leather bag, especially for a work bag. I paid for one, I wanted to be able to use it everyday and keep it for a long time.
– The simplicity. The logo is only visible on the zipper puller and inside the bag. Nothing too noticeable, which I appreciate. I was looking for an elegant and good quality bag. The goal was not to show the world what brand I wear.
I don’t like…
– The front flap pocket. It’s not wide enough so, when the pocket is full, it stays wide open. The magnets could have been a bit stronger too… It is pretty easy to open the pocket. Not ideal in the public transports…
– The shoulder strap. Yes, it is great to have one. Especially for a work bag as it gets heavy with the laptop and a water bottle. But it could have been a bit wider in order to be more confortable on the shoulder. Also, the hooks to attach the strap are on the back side, which is not very practical. I would have preferred them to be on the sides of the bag.
Dimensions: (L)39 x (H)33 x (P)6 cm | (L)15 1/4 x (H)13 x (P)2 1/4 inches
Strap: 38 to 51 cm | 15 to 20 inches
Handles: 16 cm | 6 1/4 pouces
Color: Taupe Grey | Hardware: Silver
Pockets: large front flap pocket | 2 large slip pockets inside
Additional features: detachable shoulder strap
I would definitely recommend this bag to somebody looking to invest a bit more money in a leather work/laptop bag. I have several M0851 items and I was never disappointed in the quality. I would just mention that if you need to carry folders and a lunch box in addition to your laptop… this bag is not for you. You will have to look for a larger one.
Also, for a limited time, you can get $50 off when you spend $200 on M0851 website with the promo code THANKSDAD. Perfect for Father’s Day (or to treat yourself!).