This Fossil Sydney shopper/tote is a birthday gift that Morgane received last year. She was telling to everybody that was listening that she wanted a nice black leather bag because she used to have a Longchamp pliage in fabric (Nylon to be exact) and it was getting damaged pretty quickly. Somebody heard her prayers and here it was!
– The look. She got this bag one year ago now and you can see that the leather is good quality as it ages nicely. The more you wear it, the better it looks. Also, the golden details (zipper, stitches) are discreet so it gives the bag a chic look but not too bling.
– The quality/strength of the bag. Not only the leather is of good quality but all the details are the same: stitches, bottom feet, zippers… She puts her bag on the floor, carry a lot of thing in it… it never gets damaged! She knows she will be able to keep it for years…
– The size of the handles. Not too short so you can put them on your shoulder (and not have to hold the bag all the time!) but not too long either. The perfect length, a rare thing! Oh, and they are not too thin so they don’t hurt your shoulders when the bag is heavy.
I don’t like
– Not the most practical. Its a medium/big size bag but there is no separator or inside pouch. On top of that, the interior lining is black (which can be great for stains) but black on black in a big tote/shopper bag with no separation… it can easily become a giant mess and you need a headlamp and 3 hours to find your keys…
– The lining. It is stitched to the bottom and Morgane doesn’t like it as you cannot turn it inside out. It is harder to clean the bag… I know that when I worked in the industry some people loved to have the lining stitched to the bottom. So I guess it depends on people…
Dimensions: 43(L) x 25.5(H) x 15(P) cm | 17.5(L) x 10.5(H) x 6(P) inches
Handles: 23 cm | 9.5 inches
Color: Black | Hardware: gold
Pockets: 1 slip pocket on the exterior back | 1 zipped pocket + small slip pockets on the inside
Material: 100% leather
Morgane says that this bag is her favorite one. It goes with everything. You can easily dress it up or dress it down so no need to worry about your outfit. One detail though: it is more an everyday/work bag because of its size and look. If you’re looking for a completely casual bag that you can take from work to the beach, maybe this one is not the right one. But if you’re looking for an all-purpose bag for the city, go for it!
You can still find it here if you’re interested :).