Because the fight against breast cancer is far from over, every year for 25 years now October becomes Pink October, a month to bring awareness towards this disease. It’s about education (how to check your boobs regularly…) but also fund raising for dedicated foundations. The beauty industry is always the best at bringing out limited edition products for which part of the profits are donated to Breast Cancer Research charities.
In case you want to treat yourself (or someone else) and do a little something more at the same time, here are my top picks this year:
1. APL sneakers are known for their good quality. And let’s be honest, they look pretty good too. This year, they created a special Black/Soft Pink/White color combo, in both men and women sizes, and will donate 20% of the gross sale price for each pair they sell. Pretty nice!
2. Shiseido will donate $5 for every purchase of their Rouge Rouge lipstick in Murrey, Burning Up or Crime of Passion. I like that they give you the choice between 3 different colors instead of just one. And who doesn’t need a new lipstick?
3. Estee Lauder is very implicated in the Breast Cancer fight and every year they develop multiple products and campaigns to raise money. And this year is no different. This limited edition set will for sure sell fast! The best part? The company will donate 100% of the retail price to their charity. What you pay goes directly into research funds!
4. The Wet brush is a must have if you have thin, easily breakable hair. Instead of buying a regular one, why not choosing this pink striped version? 20% of the profits will be donated to a breast cancer research foundation.
5. Origins released a limited edition packaging for one of their cult product: the Intensive Overnight Mask. A must have with winter months approaching. A personal favorite of mine!
6. Bobbi Brown is one of the most famous and trusted make up brand out there. For the 25th anniversary of the Pink Ribbon campaign, they released a limited edition set which include a blush and a make up brush. For every set they sell, $11 will be donated to the BCRF. The perfect stocking stuffer if you ask me…
7. Clinique‘s skincare is one of the best and this moisturizer is a cult-classic. One of their best sellers for years. This special edition include a Pink Ribbon key chain and the company will donate $10 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation for every bottle they sell.
8. The Advanced Night Repair serum from Estee Lauder is a holy grail product. One of the best skincare products out there. This limited edition is bright pink (the bottle, not the serum) and include a Pink Ribbon key chain. 20% of the price will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. It’s the perfect time to stock up!
9. Kiehl’s products are amazing, nothing to be discussed here. This year, they created a special lip duo pack and will give a 100% of their net profits (up to $25,000) to Breast Cancer Research. In case you wanted to stock up on lip balms before winter…
10. Perfect for running errands, this Dooney & Bourke pink shopper is also good for the cause. 20% of the retail price will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
11. In case you’re looking for a new make up brush, this Sigma one will for sure be good quality and 20% of the proceeds will be donated to a women empowering charity.
If you want to know more about breast cancer and/or what you can do to help people, go check the National Breast Cancer Foundation (USA), the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation (Canada) or google “Breast Cancer Foundation” with your country at the end.